We are extremely pleased and very excited to announce that we are finally opening the door to The Pantry Fine Food Shop and Eatery on Saturday the 15th of October, (insert sounds of cheers and applause)!
We are opening from 8.30 am for coffee and pastries*, then we are serving lunch from 12pm and our evening menu from 6pm. There are only limited spaces available for the evening, but please feel free to contact Anne-Marie on the following number 07990 538205. Of course we are now also taking bookings for all other dates after the 15th too!
*We will be serving our full breakfast / brunch menu from Monday the 17th of October.
There will be lots of exciting things going on in store and outside as well, such as plenty of yummy tasters from some of our fantastic suppliers like Corkers Crisps of Ely who are bringing their Iconic British flag mini along. There is also a cookery demonstration by Fish! our neighbours in the art of cooking and preparing fish (funny enough)!
In the spirit of ‘old’ and ‘new’ businesses working together, we are joining forces with The Bushel Pub and Eric Tennant, Newmarket’s premier butcher by putting on a great value BBQ.
As many of you know we won a competition called ‘Strictly come Newmarket’, run by the Newmarket Retailers Association. The aim of which was to encourage independent businesses to open in the Newmarket in response to growing number of empty shops in the town.
The icing on the cake
One of the best perks of winning the competition is the fact that the day we open there is going to be a MASSIVE celebration in the town to honour us and the 6 other businesses that have opened as a result of the competition. Here are just some of the fantastic events that are going on through out the day
- A mobile zoo featuring meerkats and reptiles
- Opening ceremony procession, our ribbon cutting is at 1.30pm
- donkey rides
- Falconry display
- Bucking Bronco
- Fire engine
- Saxophone Quartet
- performances by the Soham Majorettes
- Bucking bronco outside The Bushel
- live music
- mini-me photography contest
- art exhibition
- popcorn and candy floss machines
- face paintings and raffle.
Throughout the day the 7 retail units that were part of the competition will be officially opened by the town Mayor and a group of Newmarket school children that have been nominated as heros by their school mates and teachers.
Raffle tickets available at only £1 each for some AMAZING prizes:
- 32 in flat screen TV donated by Andy at Hughes Electronics
- 6-months of hand tied flower bougets to the value of £30 each donated by Tolly’s flower shop
- 1 years free haircuts courtesy of Richard Goss of Venus Hairdressers
- A Swarovski crystal bracelet donated by Julie at Coffee & Co
- £100 of vouchers courtesy of Marianne at Country Casuals
- Sunday lunch for 2 courtesy of Bedford Lodge Hotel
- And a £50 canvas print donated by Photos4U.
It’s going to be a great day out for the family, it all kicks off around 10am and activities will follow on until 4pm. We would love you to come and support us as well as all of the other independent businesses that have opened in Newmarket as part of the Retailers Associations drive to regenerate Newmarket’s High Street.